1. Set Your auto levels through the image > adjustments tab (_view image _)
2. Use selective color (image > adjustments) to over-emphasize your whites and blacks as needed (note: this helps distract the eye from the background)
3. Use the magnetic lasso tool (behind the lasso tool) to select your foreground image.
4. Find the inverse (select > inverse) of your lassoed foreground
5. Using the blur tool at normal - 100% strength (behind the smudge tool), blur the background to the desired level
6. Unselect the background and use a smaller brush to blur any missed edges manually
7. Using the magnetic lasso again, reselect your foreground and sharpen (filter > sharpen ) the selected area
8.with the foreground still selected, open selective color to brighten and emphasize the original color of the object (note: exaggeration of shadows and shines gives the object a sort of glow that looks uber neat)